24/02/2015

The Beast - Nathan Michel

Track list:

1. Dust

Running time: 3 minutes
Released: 2005
Singletons are in vogue, don't you know? One follows another here. Again I am not certain where this came from, but I think I know why I have this one at least. Michel popped up in some of the free music efforts earlier in the piece and I think appeared on a sampler somewhere too. That said, I have no clue what these 3 minutes will bring.

I am pretty certain from the opening notes that it will be a one-off listen though. Brassy electronic sounds that make me think Soap Opera titles with slightly odd repeat patterns. The vocal sections are pretty neat but the instrumental parts are not, and frankly it grates a bit after a while - so bright and loud are the sounds. A "not for me" then, so whilst singletons might be in vogue (hah! As if) I am no follower of fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment