19/12/2015

Bon Iver, Bon Iver - Bon Iver

Track list:

8. Calgary

Running time: 4 minutes
Released: 2011
Oh my - what a post title. There is some confusion as to whether the correct title is doubled up as here or a single instance of Bon Iver. The latter seems more likely but some sources say otherwise and this form is weirder. In any case, I only have one track from this album (though I do have For Emma, Forever Ago) and I don't know where it came from, I would guess a LastFM freebie. I never picked up the rest of the album, which could mean I didn't like this much, or that I never listened to it. 

It is not what I expected. Synth background and high pitched vocal. I find the track a nothingness if I am honest. The addition of a drum beat is welcome, but I don't get on with the vocal or the constancy of those synth notes. When they stop, the percussion has completely taken over and whilst it was welcome it was not interesting enough to be that prominent. I think I see a good reason why I did not follow up with a purchase. Not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment