18/08/2014

4 Tracks - Steve Smyth

Track List:

1. Scarlett Roses

Running Time: 4 mins
Released: 2008
Yay, free music!

I do not know Steve Smyth from Adam, but I do know that this was, indeed, a free LastFM download (and is still available as such). What pointed me in this direction I could not say, though since Adrian Crowley is listed in similar artists that might have some relevance.

Sounds like generic blues/rock as it starts. Vocal reminds me of Ron Sexsmith. An awful lot of Ron Sexsmith. An awful Ron Sexsmith who cannot sing. I have never used Sexsmith 4 times in a paragraph before. Adrian Crowley does not appear to be relevant.

Of more interest than the music, at least to me for this project, is that this is the first "singleton" track; there are almost certainly more. It also hints that WMP, which I use to manage my library despite it falling over with scale a bit, treats numbers at the front of album titles as numbers rather than strictly alphabetically, even when combined with letters to make words/units/measures.

Sorry Mr Smyth, but free though this was, I'll be deleting it now but leaving the link above so others might find it and perhaps form their own, better, opinions of Scarlett Roses and your work. Generic music and awful vocal do not make me want to hear it again. Unfortunately it somehow took me 5 plays to determine that... I can only conclude I was AFK for the prior 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment