18/01/2015

Bare Foot - OLO Worms

Track list:

2. I Shot Shrieff
10. Don't Touch Baby
12. Tortoise Shell
17. flakes

Running time: 12 minutes
Released 2007
A real oddity this, and a partial one at that as I only have 4 tracks which - I can only surmise - were once free on LastFM but are no longer. That must have been where I picked them up from, and I suspect because I was listening to a Fence Records radio station. I remember really liking I Shot Shrieff (just try not reading that as sheriff!) for its weirdness but probably have not listened to any of these tracks since I downloaded them years ago.

I do not remember the electro opening, but I do recall the clapping and pops that form the majority of this track. It is much faster than I recall though, and to a different rhythm. The mind and its tricks again. There is not a lot to the track really - the rhtythm, some electronics and a chanted vocal that is not present for much of the run. It is nothing like my memory, and nowhere near as interesting. Don't Touch Baby starts more interestingly, a tremourous treble and a decent if simple beat which gives way to something more driving in places. It is like stage music from a puzzle videogame or something - but in a nice way. An interesting soothing background.

I have to say I do not think the release date of 2007 can be right from memory, yet apparently I first scrobbled I Shot Shrieff in 2008 so it does fit. I have images of hearing these tracks much earlier than that - another sign of how memory misleads. Tortoise shell is more melodic until the end when it goes odd. Flakes, which rounds out the selection I have is a short track, unsavoury subject, makes me itch. Ugh. Definitely some fat-trimming here, but I rather liked 2 of the four.

No comments:

Post a Comment