22/05/2016

Brugada - Sweet Billy Pilgrim

Track list:

1. Brugada

Running time: 5 minutes
Released: 2012
It appears this was actually a track from another album (Crown and Treaty), but I think I have it listed on its own because it was promotional gubbins; I certainly never bought Crown and Treaty. Whilst I was suckered into the hype around Twice Born Men, which included a Mercury nod and an appearance in an episode of The IT Crowd, that didn't turn into sustained interest and I therefore surmise this must have been a freebie. 

It starts with a nice trembling sound, but the fragile vocal is affected and adds nothing. The sound is better in the chorus where the singing is stronger. The strain in the voice in the verses doesn't come across as an emotional one (though as this song is reportedly about a sibling's untimely demise that wouldn't be out of place). I find that, when they release themselves, they can pick out a nice tune, and I shall maintain this for the chorus which soars and swirls in a pleasant fashion, but I shall not be looking up any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment