24/02/2017

The Charm And The Strange - Simon Wilcox

Track list:

1. Les Yeux Sur Toi

Running time: 3 minutes
Released: 2007
Odd singleton here. No clue where it came from - or whether this should, in fact, use the English version of the title, Eyes On You, which is also a song on this album according to my search results. This Simon is female - maybe that isn't uncommon in non-anglophone locations.

It is a Wedding Present-esque riff that opens us up. The singing is definitely in French (well, Quebecois I guess) so that settles the version question.

It has a very 2000s indie vibe to it over the pretty stark guitar base. The higher piercing notes that ring out behind the vocal are reminiscent of a whole string of tunes whose names escape me in the moment, lending the track a familiarity despite my long-latent French (I have a reasonable A level from almost 2 decades ago) not being up to the task of following the lyrics.

The song is alright, I guess. That familiarity perhaps offering it more appeal than it merits in and of itself. I see no compelling reason to keep it around though.

No comments:

Post a Comment