13/12/2017

Come Up With Me - Thea Gilmore

Track list:

1. Come Up With Me

Running time: 3 minutes
Released: 2008
This was a Liejacker-era single or promo or such, and in my library at least shares the album's cover art. One song, not sure when or where I picked it up, but Gilmore remains one of my all-time favourites (and her latest The Counterweight is her best for years). I think I can hear this tune in my head, but how does it go really?

It's gentle folk-rock intro, layers one guitar on to another. The song is fine, I guess, but it's hardly Gilmore's best work. Her voice is good here, and the tone is brighter than a lot of how I hear Liejacker in my head, so that's good, but ultimately this is filler. I think I can live without this one, however much I may like some of her other work.

No comments:

Post a Comment